Live in the US? Did you know that we put Lead (Pb), a known neurotoxin, in:
- Garden hoses (that have been shown to leak Lead into the water)
- Power cords (including laptop cords)
- Carseats (mostly to the base, some other toxins have been found in the seat itself)
- Likely more, it’s apparently not uncommon to be added to plastic…
In the EU you aren’t allowed to put Lead in the above. I think it’s time we joined them!
- Sign the petition on the White House We the People site.
- Donate to this Indiegogo campaign to test carseats for toxic chemicals. (They are only asking for $10,000! ~ mostly to buy the carseats)
- Share this post / the above with friends, family, and any celebrities you happen to know on Twitter, etc. #NoSafeAmountOfLead.
- Bonus: Watch episode 7 of the new Cosmos which ends with Neil deGrasse Tyson saying there is no safe amount of lead.
Please let me know if you have trouble doing any of the above..