>Please go and vote: http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html
You can vote once a day until the 20th (or including, not sure).
This is going to be my last blog post on this so I thought I’d try my hand at convincing Firefly fans to vote for Ubuntu as a better name for Nasa Node 3.
Might be a weak argument, but wouldn’t you rather Serenity be the name for a ship, not a node?
How about the first manned ship to Mars. Any takers? 🙂
Also Ubuntu really does capture the concept of international cooperation better than any name on that board. “I am what I am because of who we all are”.
To recap what I hope to happen if we get in first:
- Colbert is currently in first place (From a very popular comedy central show)
- Ubuntu passes Colbert and wins the naming
- Colbert mentions Ubuntu on his show and eventually (preferably timed about a week after the Jaunty release) ends up inviting Mark Shuttleworth to the show.
- Many many more users try Ubuntu and other free software. They love it.
- We Win. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtdnZNYN0MM)
So, please blog, slashdot it, digg, share, and whatever else you can do to spread the word.Thanks!